Test Bank ( Complete Download ) For Health And Physical Assessment In Nursing | 4th Edition | Fenske
Test Bank ( Complete Download ) For Health And Physical Assessment In Nursing | 4th Edition | Cynthia Fenske | Katherine Dolan Watkins | Tina Saunders | Donita D’Amico | Colleen Barbarito
Health & Physical Assessment in Nursing, 4e (Fenske/Watkins/Saunders/D’Amico/Barbarito)
Chapter 2 Health and Wellness
1) The nurse has held a smoking cessation class based on the Health Belief Model. According
to the model, which statement made by a participant should the nurse recognize indicates
the highest level of positive self-efficacy?
1. “I think this time will be different.”
2. “I am going to do the best that I can, so that I won’t get lung cancer.”
3. “I am afraid of getting lung cancer like my father.”
4. “I know that this time I will quit smoking permanently.”
Explanation: 1. Stating that this attempt at quitting smoking will be different shows a low level
of commitment to the action.
2. A statement of fear of getting lung cancer represents an internal cue to action.
3. Referring to a family member with the disease represents an internal cue to action.
4. Based on the Health Belief Model, self-efficacy refers to the level of confidence an individual
has about the ability to perform the activity. The client’s statement, “I know that this time I will
quit smoking permanently,” reflects the highest-level of determination and motivation.
Page Ref: 13
Cognitive Level: Applying
Client Need & Sub: Health Promotion and Maintenance; Health Promotion/Disease Process
Standards: QSEN Competencies: III.B.3. Base individualized care plan on patient values, clinical
expertise, and evidence. | AACN Essentials Competencies: VII.3. Clinical Prevention and
Population Health: Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals,
families, groups, communities, and populations. | NLN Competencies: Context and
Environment: Environmental health; health promotion/disease prevention (e.g., transmission of
disease, disease patterns, epidemiological principles); chronic disease management; healthcare
systems; transcultural approaches to health; and family dynamics. | Nursing/Integrated
Concepts: Nursing Process: Evaluation
Learning Outcome: 2.1: Describe the importance of nursing theory to the practice of nursing
and health assessment.
MNL Learning Outcome: 2.3: Relate perspectives of health promotion to the individual, family,